Weeks went by, and I never got anything in the post so I just figured I got by and maybe there was not any film in the camera? HAHAHAHAHA. Well, last week I got a letter saying that they knew it was our car by the plates and we needed to fill out this form and identify the driver. I was in near tears y'all! I've never gotten a ticket, not even in the States!!! So, I "identified" myself and sent it in.
This morning a letter from the police arrived saying that, well, let me just quote it for you....
"We have evidence that you were the driver of vehicle ------ at the time of the alleged offence of excess speed ------"
That makes me sound so horrible!!!! I cried. Marc told me it was not the end of the world. Easy for him to say. I get to pay a hefty fine and I got 3 penalty points on my UK licence!!! If you get 12, you will have your licence taken away. 3 points!!! That seems a bit much to me, but there is nothing I can do. I have heard from others that the points will be erased after 3 years if I have no more offences.
9 comments:
I think you will be okay on this one Char...I know the feeling though..the first ticket I ever got I was just mortified!!
Miss you guys!!!
I didn't get a ticket until I'd been driving for over 30 years - - - and then I've only had the one - - - but I did live through the experience!!!
Welcome to the club of all us old law-breakers. Hehehehehehe
I was mortified at my first ticket as well, but that was so long ago (and so many tickets ago) that I don't really remember it. In fact, most of my tickets were driving up and down I30 between OBU and Dallas!
Oh, man! I hate it when I get caught doing something wrong! = )
Chill Charity! I'd be gutted too but it's no big deal - Dave had 6 points until recently. Loads of insurance companies don't even put the premiums up because so many people have points now.
Dave got 3 of the points on the way to our wedding rehearsal - bless!
I'm with Jeremy Clarkson (Top Gear) on the whole camera issue - what a waste of tax payers money!
Wow....I can't even count the number of tickets I have gotten since I started driving! You should be proud you made it this far! They do try to make you feel like a criminal though!
I hate that feeling!! I've only had two, both when they had traps set up, which ranks with the cameras in my opinion.
One of mine in Tallahassee was while I was driving Ryan's car. He hadn't put the new registration sticker on the plate and I couldn't find the insurance card. The officer could have fined me for those as well, but I think when he saw how mad I was that Ryan hadn't taken care of the sticker and put the insurance card in the glove compartment he only charged me with "exceeding safe speeds." By the time that transaction was done I was so mad at Ryan I forgot to be embarassed by my ticket :0)
Wow, never had a ticket before? Good for you. I haven't had one in a few years, but I really don't know how many I've gotten.
I do think the points thing is a good idea. We should have something like that here. In fact, I think you should have to have a high school diploma or the equivalent in order to obtain a license. Driving is a privilege, not a right, and irresponsible people can just take the bus. That would also solve our education problems here - we can raise the standards for graduation, and kids will rise to the challenge because they want to drive! Right now, there is NO motivation for kids to perform in schools, because hey, we can always get on welfare if we refuse to educate ourselves.
Whom should I write to about my driving/education plan? =D
Charity, I understand how you feel. I've only had a couple of tickets in my lifetime. Once I was pulled over and the officer asked why I was speeding. He didn't seem to think "because 'All My Children' is about to start" was a very good reason! lol Even if Janet was about to throw her sister Natalie in a well!! lol (It was a long time ago! I don't watch soaps anymore!)
Anyway, it's a good thing the US doesn't the point system... Uncle Bill would have been "license-less" a long time ago!! ;-)
You are a great driver, btw. I was impressed with your skill!
Post a Comment