Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter 2008

Thanks to my mom who brought over some easter egg dye- we dyed about 7 eggs on Saturday. The girls thought that was great fun.





Cerys put them all in a circle and said, "Look Mom, they are having a meeting!" Where does she get this stuff??!?!

Then we hunted eggs in the back garden. Please don't be alarmed at their gift sacks they used for holding eggs. There are not "cutesy" baskets here and so you do what you gotta do! And really, they only used them for a few seconds so no big deal!




Monday we drove over near Swansea and did some cave crawling! They have 3 caves there that were discovered in 1912 by the Morgan brother's- one of which had dinosaur bones and teeth found in them. This was a fun little "park" with fake dino's everywhere. Dinosaurs in Wales...who knew?

This was as close as they would get to this one!

CHEESE! Inside one of the caves- they LOVED it!
Nothing like the rolling hills of Wales- and a bit of dinosaur thrown in.

9 comments:

Seth, Jen, Hannah, Cailyn, and Isaac said...

Such cuties! Don't worry about the gift bags....we still see all kidns of things here, including plastic grocery sacs! LOL

Keetha Broyles said...

I LOVE the meeting of the eggs. How creative.

Great pictures - - - as always. Keep them coming.

Anna said...

Awesome!
I never knew I lived in such a backwater until I met you, Charity. We don't have egg dye; egg baskets; ingredients for making baseball game snacks... but, praise God, we have indoor toilets! LOL

Stephanie Kay said...

When you said you drove to Swansea I was very confused for a moment. Swansea, MASSACHUSETTS is only 30 minutes from me. = ) Those darn Pilgrims re-using town names!

Anonymous said...

Yeah for egg dying & dinosaurs!

Unknown said...

i think the gift bags are an excelent substitution for the basket. in fact luke used a canvas bag this year that he had gotten from school. i thik the eggs stay inthem better and dont fall out in the mad dash for the eggs. :)

The Harringtons said...

The girls are getting so big! I am glad they still got to dye eggs!

Anonymous said...

ha ha, I put a shoebox in the bottom of a target sack b/c I totally forgot to get baskets.

the blackwells said...

Oh wow! If we ever make it down to Wales while we're in the UK, I've got to take my boys to see those dinos. So cool!