Hey y'all, just wanted to pop in real quick to say hi. Our "summer" busyness kicks off tomorrow as our 11 iGo interns arrive! We always enjoy having high school/university students around, it's so neat to see their eyes opened as they serve with us in this city. They will be going non-stop till August 1st when they head back to America. At the end of their time we will have a retreat in West Wales at a beach house, this year our whole family will be going so the girls are looking forward to that. Ok, I am too. Let's hope and pray against any night terrors for Addison!
In other, less exciting news, I'm now a brunette or dark blond. I am not sure yet. I have had my hair highlighted for years but alas the time has come where it's just too expensive to keep up here. So, I put up with my dark roots for as long as I could then I stood in the hair product aisle at Tesco agonising over which color to choose. I did buy one, but after a few days of staring at the box I decided I needed professional help.
My girl at my salon helped me out this past Saturday by putting a semi-permanent color all over so the "grow out" phase won't be as nasty looking. I use to be naturally blond, but after each kid my got darker (my mom's hair did too!) and wavier. Is that word? My hair use to be straight as a board, but now it's got some curl in it. So, as my girl was trying to match my natural color to her color chart and chose a brown I was offended and refused to accept it! Ha. She kind of gave me a "bless your heart" look and then got on with it. I was in a bit of a shock when she took the towel off my head! It was DARK. I didn't like it at all on Saturday or Sunday, but today it's already faded a bit and I'm getting use to it. Depending on the light it can look really brown or kind of dark blond/golden. It's weird. When I walk by the mirror I have to get over the shock all over again. I know, bless my heart. It's only hair, Charity!!!
In this picture of me and the girls below I was surprised to see that it's very close to their hair color. It's going to take some getting use to, but Marc likes it, so I say that's a good thing.
Hope y'all have a great week. I'll leave you with a verse I'm memorizing right now, may it encourage you as it's encouraged me. "The Lord is my strength and my song; he has become my victory." Psalm 118:14
3 comments:
I REALLY like your hair!
i dont know which way this will sway you, we always have such funny aversions to looking like our moms, even as we become them...but...you look so much like your mom in that picture. thats how i remember her back when we were young! you look beautiful.
I love your hair! In the photo, it seems like such a pretty, soft brown. Hope you're getting used to it by now. You are beautiful! :)
Post a Comment