Things have been pretty quiet here on the ole blog, my apologies. Not even sure who reads this anymore besides our family, which is totally fine because that was the reason we started this in the first place. Anyway.
The last four weeks have been what I call "re-entry." The Brits might call it "settling in" but that just sounds too nice sometimes. Sometimes re-entry is tough and not all warm and fuzzy. We were so anxious to get back after being delayed for so many weeks and everything was fun! and exciting! and new!
For example, "Look how fun it is Addison, you can watch our clothes go round and round!"
Another example might be, "We are SO green for recycling, I don't think we did that once in Texas did we?"
But now it's, "Dang, I forgot this was mandatory here." (Although I must say that it is good for us to do this, but it does take some getting use to- one bin for the rubbish, one for the recycle stuff and one bin for the food.)
And my favorite was "Oh, look how cute our fridge (right) is!"
Which very quickly turned into, "Why must they even make dorm size fridges for normal houses?" and "I'm going to the store for the 3rd time this week, be back soon!"
And the last one has been super annoying to me personally. The two ice-trays. Now I know Americans like their ice, but I was really enjoying my ice maker in McKinney and my Sonic. Is there anything more frustrating than wanting some ice cold water or coke to reach your hand into that little blue container only to find there is no ice and the trays are not frozen yet??? No, there is not.
8 comments:
haha!! We, too, are anxiously awaiting the first day of school. We start Sept. 1, but have been out since June 26.
Oh the ice situation in that lovely country is absolutely positively dismal. I feel for you in the ice department.
I just had a friend visiting from Germany and she was explaining the recycling rules there. Wow. Plus, everything is in German and she said the first few weeks they were there she would sit in front of her multitude of bins with her dictionary to make sure she got it right.
Hoping you feel 'settled in' soon...they do have a way of making everything sound nicer.
I'm here! I'm here! And trying to do a better job of commenting around BlogVille.
Seems there's a lot of people making adjustments this time of year, especially with kids off to school and college, etc. You'll find your groove again! =)
No recycling in TX, huh? We recycle in RI. Gigantic black can for trash. Gigantic blue can for plastics and glass. Gigantic green can for paper and card board. Black is picked up every week while blue/green alternate. NOT recycling seems odd to me now. Hope you get settled in soon. :D
I for one am glad to see you blog again. You have much to say but you use facebook more and leave us out:(
I like the blog!
We will want to hear all about the first day of school.
Give them all hugs for me.
I'm back to the blog world! Ha!
And be sure that you blog is read by me and it is transleted too! i have to translate every single post so my mom can read it!Ha! Thank God for google translate! All i have to do is correct some gramar and it's done! :)
Anyway... I'm glad to be back! I'm all done with the doctors and i'm not scared anymore... My legs are almost bavk to normal,and the doctor said that i will have to do some physiotherapy... Not very excited abou that... But, God is good!
Love you in Christ!
I always read your blog. We received Marc's letter just this week via e-mail. So enjoyed the update.
The ice situation would drive me crazy. I think the Brits are afraid they are going to choke on ice. I just don't get it. The Aussies are the same way. We were in London and I asked for a glass of ice for my Coke, the waiter brought me TWO ice cubes.
I've just recently start the recycle routine and I'm constantly pulling glass and plastic out of the trash that Hubby has thrown away. Only problem we have to drive our recycle items to a location about four miles away. We do have garbage pickup at the street. I some times wonder if it's worth it.
I always read your blog! It helps so much...I need you to keep it up regularly! :)
Post a Comment