Monday, September 22, 2008

??????????



First of all, baby is healthy and growing like it should be...Praise the Lord! The technician got most of the measurements done and then the baby would not turn face up, so she had us go for a little walk. After that, the baby had turned face up and she was able to complete the measurements. I'm measuring right on track, for 20 weeks so that was good to know.

Now, the question marks- you know where this is going- we are not sure the sex of the baby! As I mentioned before, I was told there would not be a great deal of trying to find out and that was the case. At the end, she kind of glanced around and said the baby's legs were closed, but we saw the cute little thighs. So basically it was, "Well, I don't see anything obvious so I'll say it's a girl, but I can't be sure because it's legs are crossed" And with that she gave me a tissue to wipe the gel off and turned off the machine.

We are so thankful to know the baby is growing as should be, but we are disappointed to not know more certain. I know sono's are never certain, but we saw detailed images with Bailey so we were quite sure. We are looking into paying to have another scan done to see if it's more visible, but we are not sure yet. I just don't want to be uncertain the rest of the time, I'd rather know and move ahead with pink or blue, if it's by any chance a boy. I'm sure it is a girl, but I would like to have a bit more assurance if that makes any sense. Thank you so much for your prayers for us today, I was a nervous wreck all day and when I sat down in the waiting room today all my anxiety left and I was strangely calm. :)

3 girls! Y'all pray for Marc. :)

11 comments:

Allie said...

I'm soo glad everything was fine at the scan, we were praying for you!

Sorry you weren't told for sure about pink or blue though!

xxx

Amy E. said...

Glad things went well...know you are anxious to find out pink or blue! Hope you can have another so you can find out.

are you having bean dip cravings?

Missy said...

Yeah for healthly babies, whatever they may be!!

I've been thinking about you all day, glad to hear it went well.

Debra said...

We are so glad to hear your sono went well, despite no certainty in the gender department. We were and are praying for you.

Kecia said...

I'm so happy that everything was fine!!
God is good,and He NEVER let His children down!!!

Stephanie Kay said...

Glad baby is healthy but sorry you didn't find out for sure. Would you say this pregnancy has been like the others as far as feeling sick and tired or has it been very different? That's a good indicator for me- boys = sick, girls = good to go. = )

Etta said...

Sorry you didn't find out, but I'm glad Baby 3 is healthy.

Poor Marc if it IS a girl!!!

Love you!

Leah said...

Bummer that you don't know for sure, with 100% certainty. Are sonograms quite expensive there? Too bad you don't live by me - a friend of mine is a vet and she does sonograms on herself and her pregnant friends. =) I'm tellin' ya - life in Iowa is not all bad!

The Liberto Family said...

Glad to hear that the baby is growing and is healthy. I know you wanted to know the sex, but just think of the wonderful surpise. You might just have to think Green and Yellow. Praying for you and the baby!

Keetha Broyles said...

Little House on the Prairie

Remember when there were JUST three little girls in that family?

The Harringtons said...

I am so happy the baby is healthy and happy in your belly!! Three girls is not a bad thing....boys are fun but there are advantages to all girls. You will probably never have to explain over and over again that passing gas is NOT FUNNY!!!