Friday, July 04, 2008

Happy 4th

I've only just realized today is July 4th. I mean, I knew it was the 4th of the month, but it didn't hit me till earlier. Obviously, not a holiday that is celebrated here. I actually saw a sign in town today about some "American Disco" tonight at some pub. Interesting.

Today is Marc's mom's (or "Mimi") birthday! They are in the states for several months and all the family, including Marc's brother and his family, are in Atlanta celebrating today with a birthday party, a 4th of July parade and fireworks.

It's times like these that living overseas stinks. We hate that we can't be there.

Happy Birthday Mimi, we love you and wish we could be there to help celebrate with you!

4 comments:

Anna said...

Happy 4th July y'all!

Stephanie Kay said...

We missed a similar family event on Mother's Day. I was just reading in Luke this morning where Jesus says those who give up family for him will be rewarded (my paraphrase). But it still stinks sometimes.

Mrs P said...

Happy 4th of July
have fun, I'm sure you've managed some creative way of celebrating. Hope you are well!!
love from us Parfs

Keetha Broyles said...

I almost asked in my comment yesterday if you'd be having an American 4th of July celebration today with all your visiting students and interns.

Hubby and I began our married life in S. Carolina while his family was in southern Florida and mine in Wisconsin. We spent nearly ALL our holidays alone - - - so I really do know what that is like. God always sent us surrogate family. Hope He'll do the same for you!!!