Sunday, March 30, 2008

Placemat Cheer

I figured since it's almost Spring here (or is it? I never really know.) that I was in need of some cheerful placemats. I bought some quilting squares at a local shop and some solid white cotton for the back and made these four placemats and matching napkins from BTRS. I'm not extremely pleased with them, I was in too big of a hurry and they are not straight in places, but oh well. I'll use them for our little family anyway.










I think the binding/ribbon could have been thinner too, but it's too late now! I'm not going back and re-doing them, that's for sure!

15 comments:

Stephanie Kay said...

They look great to me!!

Alicia said...

Totally cute-I'm so impressed with your sewing savvy-ness.

Seth, Jen, Hannah, Cailyn, and Isaac said...

I like the binding like that...really ties in the colors from the flowers. They look great!! I certainly couldn't do that! I've had a gift card for sewing lessons at Joann's for 2.5 years....I really need ot take those classes before its too late!!

Anna said...

They're lovely! So bright and cheery! Just what you need when it's all grey outside.

Keetha Broyles said...

I love them. They look cheery. I don't think the binding is too wide - - - I like it.

Debra said...

They look good to me! Then again, I can't sew, but I think they're pretty anyway. I LOVE your blog, by the way! Always funny and inspiring.

Sarah said...

They are too cute! I think you did an awesome job.

Anonymous said...

Love the mats. They really look great. We are all so critical of ourselves.

The Harringtons said...

I think they look way cute! I am so inspired to make something now.

Sean and Lendy said...

I'm SO impressed...I would hire you to decorate for me any day!

Anonymous said...

I think they are adorable!

Amy E. said...

Love them!!! One day I hope to have a sewing machine, and learn how to use it!!
I love that you did each one in different color!!

Leah said...

Good job, Charity! I can sew on a button, so you're way ahead of me! =)

I spent some time here tonight, catching up on all your posts from March. I hope to be a more regular reader / commentor. I'm sorry I haven't been better at staying in touch!

I'm glad Marc had a nice trip to the States, and that you and the girls were distracter and had fun with your girly relatives! What a fun surprise! (I'd really like to see the photo!)

Happy Spring!

~ Leah

Senegal Daily said...

I love them!!

the blackwells said...

I like 'em!