Monday, February 04, 2008

Excuse Me While I Fall Asleep....

Working with university students has so far been lots of fun. Sometimes I'm tempted to think of myself as still a university student. Well, I'm not. We had a great time, 7 students came and we had plenty of food.



I was desperate to finish my knitting project, so I curled up in the corner and got to work. In between chatting and cups of tea and coffee I was able to get quite a bit done! Then about 2:30am I could not take it anymore! Please don't judge me, but I knew the girls would be up early and I would be extremely grumpy...and it would be Monday morning. Not a good combination. So, I cleaned up what I could and told them all goodnight. I felt bad for about 5 minutes, until my head hit my pillow. That's right folks, I did not even know who won the game till this morning. Apparently I missed the best part of the game.



The girls slept through everything, thankfully, and were bright eyed and roaring to go this morning. Too bad we aren't. I now have to get us all dressed and go to our Music and Movement class so the girls can dance some energy off!



Those cookies that look like Charlie Brown's head are actually football helmets, but they didn't turn out so well. But they were yummy!

I'll be back later to post some hilarious pictures of our almost -20 month old throwing a mean fit! Yes, I took pictures of her throwing herself on the floor because it was actually quite humorous and way over the top!

PS- Since the game was on the BBC they did not show ANY of the commercials, which is really the only reason I watch the Super Bowl. Oh well.

11 comments:

Missy said...

The food looks great, and I am in awe that you made it to 2:30. We were so excited that the game was over by 10:15 so we could be in bed by 10:30. Now I feel like a wimp :0)

As for the ads, MSN.com has a thing showing the 10 best and 10 worst, so you can at least cacth those if you want. To be honest you didn't miss much, at least in my opinion.

Unknown said...

i could so careless about the super bowl. lol. my husband wouldnt get off the computer and i said he couldnt have bothe the computer and the tv so i watched an ammerican in paris.

Amy E. said...

Sounds like you all had a great night!! I love the cookies..they are just too cute!!
Hope you get to take a nap soon!! :-)

Keetha Broyles said...

Oh my - - - being a HUGE football fan, I cannot BELIEVE you went to bed BEFORE the game was over.

Your food looks gorgeous.

Tee said...

That fruit pizza looks DELICIOUS! All your food looks so pretty. We came in from church right at half-time. I watched America's Funnies Videos until it was over and I joined my husband for the last 12 or so minutes of the game, which was the best part. Acutally, the last few minutes were the best. That's my take on games, watch the last ten minutes, which usually ends up being the most exciting and you haven't wasted all that time with the slow part. Hope you get a good nap today. :-)

Seth, Jen, Hannah, Cailyn, and Isaac said...

Those cookies look great!!

I feel your pain on the football thing...just not a big fan. We had about 35-40 youth crammed into a small-ish house (not our's!). I took the girls home at half time, fully intending to put myself to bed after they were in bed (at 8pm!) but they had other plans....they didn't quiet down until almost 11pm!!!!! So, I'm dragging right there with ya.

Janet said...

The food looks really good. Yes by going to sleep early you did miss the best part of the game. You shold of seen my house it was just oure chaos. But it was all worth it at the end! And you didnt miss much on the commercials...they we not good at all. Not what I expected!:(

Stephanie Kay said...

I commend you for staying up as late as you did!!

Liz said...

I notice your Southern Living set up. Very nice! I used to sell the stuff, and I may do it someday again. Until then, I'm just having another party next month for the discount!!

Tech Daddy said...

I have to agree with everyone else's comments, the food looks great. I wonder what we have in the pantry to snack on?

Don't feel bad going to bed before the game ended. We did not even watch. Having no TV might have something to do with that though...

Chad & Amy said...

No big loss...the comercials weren't all that this year:)