Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The Best

I've just had THE BEST afternoon I've had in a while. And it involved staying home, wrapped up in my warm fleece blanket, a cup of coffee and my Bible. AND...are you ready for this...BOTH girls are still sleeping! Yes, BOTH of them!!!! Can you hear the Hallejuah chorus? I can. It's a quiet, dark afternoon (on days like this I enjoy the darkness) and I just spent some uninterrupted time with God and it has refreshed me in so many ways!

We are headed over to Pontypool tonight to visit with some friends, so I look forward to a fun evening! Hope you're having a great day today!

P.S- what is up with spell-checker not working? anyone else have this problem?

P.S.S.- on the way home this morning we had to stop in front of a house for a zebra crossing (I'll explain that one later) and the house was old and the paint was chipping off...Cerys says, "Mom! Look at that house, the skin is coming off!" I love 3 year olds.

8 comments:

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Your afternoon sounds lovely. See, you sorta/kinda had a spiritual retreat without even leaving your house!

Stephanie Kay said...

I can hear that Hallelujah Chorus loud and clear!!

Spell Checker quit working for me about 3 weeks ago (give or take). If you use Firefox the browser will automatically spell check for you. It put a red line under misspelled words.

I'm very curious about a "zebra crossing."

Glad you're having a good day.

Unknown said...

ye sspell check is wack and has been for forever. but i am just using the spell check on my google toolbar so if you have one on you browers' tool bar somewhere it will work too.

Leah said...

I can so relate! My girls are both away babysitting today, so the house has been nice and quiet. The fire is crackling, and I'm off to enjoy it with my Bible as well.

Have a great time tonight!!

~ Leah

Liz said...

It's blog posts like this that terrify me about having two. I cherish every afternoon right now, because Nate sleeps 2 1/2 hours regularly (unless the coughing wakes him). And to give that up *sigh*, alas, I know I will have to one day soon. In about 3 1/2 months.

Allie said...

Hi Charity,

Sounds like you've had a great afternoon! And to answer our question- no, Adele has not had the baby yet! She's past her due date now and has had a few 'tightenings' so could be anytime soon. Please keep her in your prayers, I know she'd appreciate that! I'll be sure to tell her that you were asking after her.

Hope your evening has gone as well as your day did!

Anna said...

Don't they have zebra crossings in the States? I'm glad you have afternoons like that - you deserve them. I sometimes feel guilty about sitting down and chilling while Levi naps but it's so important to have time like that. Oh and guess what, my friend's having a baby, so everyone pray for the Griffiths baby due in August.

Missy said...

Sounds like a wonderful afternoon. We are having that kind of weather here today; it just makes me want to go home and sleep :0)

And I love the things that come out of the mouths of small children. Last Friday Carson wanted to "hug gas station?" as we drove off after filling up the car. I wonder how that would work exactly?