Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Random Happiness

Well, this is probably the most random post you've read today. Here are a few random things that make me happy!

First of all, we have some Little People here that Cerys has affectionately named after Marc's parents...so I present to you.. Mimi and Gan-Gan-



Looking rather stylish in their bright yellow VW Bug...



Last week I started making cute paper topiaries, you can find them here. But then once I got started I found these boxwood balls and I decided that I would just use the paper topiaries for something else. I felt like Bailey's room needed a bit of green in it, so here are the topiaries I ended up making. Well, by making I mean...painted the terra cotta pots and dowel rods and then bought moss and ribbon.




And, I saved the best for last!

LOOK WHAT I GOT TODAY!!!!



I'm so excited and nervous! Once I read the manual cover to cover and watch my "instructional DVD" I'll attempt my first sewing project! I don't really count last year's project since my mother in law was here to help out! This time it's just me and my new machine! Can you tell I'm excited by all the exclamation points I just used in this paragraph!!! :)

I want to make everything in this book that I got last week!!!

9 comments:

patti said...

that is precious that she named her little people after them. the mind of a child is a precious thing.

I'm excited for you to start sewing...I've done more sewing since staying home rather than scrapbooking like I planned. what is your first project?

Unknown said...

they make little people dressed like the red hat ladies. omgosh!!

i hope it all goes well with the new machine. and that what advice i was able to give helped.

Anonymous said...

That's exciting. I remember when I got mine for Christmas, I couldn't wait but I was a little nervous too. I have a nice quilt top to show for my excitement. Good luck on all your projects!

Anonymous said...

Well, I must say, we are kind of cute in these pictures.
I love the sewing machine and can't wait to see your creations!

Missy said...

I can't wait to see what you're going to make. I think I'm going to have to check out this book!

I got a sewing machine before Carson was born so I could make the curtains for his room. That's the last time I've used it, but I'm going to have to pull it back out now. Thanks for getting me excited to sew again!

Tee said...

That is so sweet calling the little people her grandparents names! You go girl with that new machine! You can make your girls some cute clothes, not to mention all the decorating items you can make yourself. I even made a gas grill cover for my husband because he couldn't find one that fit our grill.

Stephanie Kay said...

I can't wait to see what you make!

Anonymous said...

How exciting to have your own machine! Sewing is so gratifying if you're creative. It is for me. Just remember to start simple so that you don't become frustrated, then after you get the hang of it - there are no limits to your imagination!

Chad & Amy said...

How fun!!! I love my machine:) Look out world Charity is in the making mood!