being content in your circumstances is my theme this next year. my new year goal was to just be happy where i was. I still find it hard because basically its my nature to wainch about everything. :) but i am trying..being tested heavily this weekend. but not to sure how i am about being glad for the cold. i still have my mind set for those temps in the 60's and 70's.
Boy am I there!!! With cabin fever and Mommy fever. I was just thinking this weekend how nice it would feel to not be responsible for 3 little people and a house and a husband - for just a couple of days, mind you. I think it's something husbands will never understand - that 24/7 responsibility, even when they are here. Anyway. Thanks for sharing. I think I might have to put a link to that article also.
I just told my husband this morning that I have decided I like summer better. The days are longer with more daylight and you don't have to deal with all the clothing--only flip flops and shorts. I'm looking forward to working in my garden, to get out of the house. These walls seem to be closing in on me. I have to remember, this too shall pass and spring will be here before we know it. I loved Jeanetta's comment, I too must learn to be content in my circumstances, cold weather and all.
5 comments:
I loved this too...I am SOOO glad it spoke to you in your "season" of life! Hang in there...it's not forever. you are the best mom!!!
being content in your circumstances is my theme this next year. my new year goal was to just be happy where i was. I still find it hard because basically its my nature to wainch about everything. :)
but i am trying..being tested heavily this weekend.
but not to sure how i am about being glad for the cold. i still have my mind set for those temps in the 60's and 70's.
Wow....yeah, that's me, too. Texas doesn't lend itself to the weather winter blues too much, but I'm definitely in preschool cabin fever!!
Boy am I there!!! With cabin fever and Mommy fever. I was just thinking this weekend how nice it would feel to not be responsible for 3 little people and a house and a husband - for just a couple of days, mind you. I think it's something husbands will never understand - that 24/7 responsibility, even when they are here. Anyway. Thanks for sharing. I think I might have to put a link to that article also.
I just told my husband this morning that I have decided I like summer better. The days are longer with more daylight and you don't have to deal with all the clothing--only flip flops and shorts. I'm looking forward to working in my garden, to get out of the house. These walls seem to be closing in on me. I have to remember, this too shall pass and spring will be here before we know it. I loved Jeanetta's comment, I too must learn to be content in my circumstances, cold weather and all.
Post a Comment