Well, hard to believe we have only been here for 2 weeks! It seems like a lot longer for some reason. We are all moved into the house and we visited the church on Sunday- Here is a random picture from the front of the church-
The girls, packed into "The Merk"- this car is allowing all of us to practice patience and a loving attitude. It's hard to get them all buckled because the seats are so close together, so it takes me a good 5 minutes to get everyone in. And we are learning to keep little hands and feet to ourselves. Addison needs to learn this lesson soon because she thinks it's funny to get a reaction out Bailey, so she keeps smacking her in the face with her foot and laughing.
It's been a lot colder here than I remembered. Ha. It's suppose to be super cold this weekend, so we got some firewood and have been enjoying a fire each night after the girls are in bed.
A good ole Texas sunset from our backyard, love it!
Ok, this is for you Anna- you know how small our fridge is in Wales, this thing is huge!! I have an ice maker (best thing ever!) and the sweet people that keep this house up even stocked the freezer, fridge and pantry for us! No kidding. The only thing I added was my Blue Bell. :)
After church yesterday, all 3 girls refused naps for some reason even though they were desperately in need of them! So that evening we drove up to Stonebriar Mall in Frisco to play and walk around. I just love that we can do this. I love the mall. Can I just say that I got fleece pj's for all 3 girls at The Children's Place for $4.99 each. $4.99! Insane. And I found a pair of Lands End jeans that I love for $15.00 on clearance.
Today was a traumatic day. Although you can't tell from this awesome picture.
We made it through all the shots and then had to go to the lab for bloodwork. More tears. I had to hold Cerys down while she was screaming NO at the nurse who was trying to stick a needle in her vein. It took a few minutes but we got it done and I just felt so bad for Cerys, so embarrassed, and felt sorry for the nurses. As soon as she was done she just fell back in to me and we both started crying. I made Marc go in with Bailey and she was screaming too, but did not fight it. We got in the car after that and drove to McDonald's for chocolate shakes. Then they both fell asleep in the car on the way home. It was a rough day. Addison has her check-up on Thursday, but at least she will be unsuspecting. Not sure what is worse! I'll probably cry for her too.
Anyway, that was long- sorry. And here are the girls' stats for the grandparents:
Cerys: 45 1/2 inches tall (95%) and 41 pounds (50-75%)
Bailey: 38 3/4 inches tall (75%) and 31 pounds (50%)
Bailey has gained 4 pounds and grown 3 inches since last April when we were here!
Ok, have a good week. I'm going to go recover from this day with some Blue Bell.
8 comments:
Love the pics!
Doctors sounds awful! What on earth are they jabbing them with? We don't have TB until comp. Bless them!
What's the full physical and blood tests for? Did you think there was something wrong?
Is it an American thing?
xx
(((HUGS))) Glad you all survived the day! That is so traumatic! I remember getting our shots before we came overseas and it was all I could do not to bawl with Cailyn each time. You're doing a great job! And milkshakes make everything better. :o)
Love the last line...as I was reading about the doctor visit I was thinking, oh I'm so glad she has Bluebell in her freezer : )
Isabelle has her first round of shots next week, and I am not looking forward to this at all. Thanks for your post to get me prepared. :)
Why the TB test? My kids have never had that one. Lead tests are a big deal here in Rhode Island because of all the old house with lead paint. So my kids have to have blood tests at 1 and 2 years. After the first one with Will I decided blood tests were a Daddy job!! It's not fun!!! Glad you had the comfort food. :)
Charity, I just caught up on your last four posts and I am so happy for you! Glad you guys are enjoying yourselves. And I can totally relate to the shot experience. We did the same thing, splitting them up, but it was still a nightmare. Lee Anna had red spots on her forehead for several days afterward because she burst blood vessels in her head crying so hard--before the nurse even came near her! Glad you're done with that. Enjoy it all!
Just catching up on y'all. I'm so glad you like your new place! And that you got your "Harvey Car!" I can't wait to meet you in a few weeks. Enjoy Dallas!
Doctors are no fun! With all those needles and stuff!
But glad that's all over now! Praying for you all! The pictures are so beautiful!
Love you in Christ!
Post a Comment