Friday, June 19, 2009

Happies

I said Happies, NOT Nappies! Nappies don't make me happy. Ok, anyway... I wanted to post some of the things that are making me happy right now. It's the little things in life right?

Now, I'm not one for plastic shoes, although I did have some awesome jellies back in the day. I found these Crocs in town yesterday and I really liked them. I'm not a fan of Crocs- except for my kids-they are great for kids! But I just thought they were kind of cute. I will let you know if they are comfortable.



Our bedroom has bugged for me a while. We have not done much in there since moving into this house a year ago, so I thought it was time. We of course got most things at IKEA- it may not last forever, but it's within our budget :) It's kind of come together piece by piece and I think I'm starting to like it finally. We have had our duvet cover for several years but it needed something else. Then a while back we found the headboard for £3.50 I think. It was in the Bargain Centre at IKEA because it did not have the footboard with it and there was a scratch on it. (A little black sharpie did the trick). My favorite flower is the tulip so when I saw the big picture at IKEA a few months ago we thought it would look nice in our room. And tonight, we found the white throw at the foot of the bed and I got the pillow covers. (The bedskirt and lamps are from IKEA also.) (Oh, and I am not a fan of our burnt orange/red carpet and would change it in a heartbeat if I could.)


I also got new chair covers for our kitchen chairs.


And surprisingly, I did not find this outdoor mat and topiary at IKEA- but the front of our home needed a little something. We always come in the back door and I hardly think about the front door until someone comes to visit and I realize how unattractive it is. It's very hard to keep tidy because we live on a busy street and for some reason all kinds of rubbish and leaves get blown up against our door. Anyway, I thought we could use a little something out front and I got both of these items on clearance this morning at one of my favorite home stores here in town.


And finally, my Jesus Jug from Marc-



I realize this post sounds very materialistic and I hate that. I usually have this internal turmoil about buying stuff for the house, because it is after all just STUFF. So I vow to never buy anything again for decorative purposes. Then I give in and buy things. I just needed to say that.

7 comments:

Kecia said...

Cute crocs...Haha...

Nice headboard... Mom's bed is older than me and still doesnt have one... She complains to my Dad constantly about it... hehe

And just before i started to write this comment he was asking me "Why did you show this to her today? Couldn’t you wait until next week?"

Because now he is on vacation from work and she keep taking him to buy new stuff for the house... Hehe.

Hey, we love your front door... Ours is kind of weird... Since we move to this house six months ago, we keep finding things to do... Haha... The house is a major fixer-upper!

Senegal Daily said...

Cute shoes!

Ann G said...

Cute Crocs! I AM a fan of crocs...not the ugly, bright, holey kind, but the specialized ones. I've found that they are a must living in Africa. I have two pair of the Alice look and a pair of loafer-type ones that are so cute that everyone comments on them everytime I wear them! ok...too much info.
Love your 'new' bedroom!

Doug Hibbard said...

Sometimes we need to decorate. And, I think God's okay with that!! It looks really nice, by the way!

Anna said...

Very nice! Can't think of anything to say that has any point, but I really enjoyed having a nose at this random post.

Stephanie Kay said...

Cute decorations!!! I think God likes for us to decorate our homes creatively and with beauty. But within reason on the money scale.

We're also "decorating" this weekend. We are painting Ellie's room (which has always been our nursery and has very dirty walls as a result). We hope to move within the next year so that is justifying me finally doing all the house projects I've wanted to do for 6 years. :) Painting the room as now turned into installing a closet system, replacing the door, new decorations, painting a dresser and possibly installing a new light fixture. :) You never know where a little paint will take you!

Joyce said...

Your bedroom is pretty...we had pink carpet under our kitchen table in England. Not even nice pink carpet.

Your girls are so cute. Do you just pinch your little one all the time? My younger daughter was like that as a baby. People can't believe it who know her now because she's a string bean but oh I did love all her rolls when she was little.

I've been in the US since June 2nd and we've had only 3 days without rain. What in the world is up with that????!