I'm still not completely over jet-lag. Or am I? I don't really know. I was trying to think about that today- is it jet-lag or just being a mommy and wife? I was even yawning at the gym today, what is that all about? I've decided I need to go to bed a lot earlier than I have been doing. Surely that will help. Surely.
People told me that having a third child would be no different from having two. I disagree. While Addison is a fairly laid back child, she's still a child to be cared for! And dividing my time with all three seems impossible right now. It seems that every time one of the big girls needs something from me, I'm feeding Addison. That's when the guilt creeps in. I feel bad for them because I feel like I'm always giving them an "excuse." I don't want them to resent Addison or me, but sometimes I feel like they do.
Anyway, enough about that. I could share with you that Cerys asked me if I had another baby in my tummy today. Nice. "No, honey that is why mommy is going to the gym twice a week!"
I've just decided that being a mommy and wife are super hard and I will have some good days and harder days.
And I've decided I've never been more in need of Jesus!
5 comments:
I hear you. Jens is gone this week so I'm going solo and it's taking its toll on all of us. Yesterday Kaelin told me she wanted to take Koren back and get a baby sister instead. Apparently I too struggle with dividing my time between them, and she's starting to act out because of it. Guilt abounds, but I still feel like there's nothing I can do about it when the baby's needs are more immediate. Sigh...
I can't believe you're going to the gym. You are so incredible!
Hang in there, friend. No, it's not easy.
I always take comfort in the fact that nobody has it all together.
Amen!
long days, short years
I'm right there with you...well, almost...I don't have 3, no jet lag, and not working out yet...humm..guess I'm not right there with you; you are my HERO!!!
I can understand the newborn,lack of sleep, emotional thing though. Maybe it is the weather. I'm feeling like I could sit down for a good cry.
Post a Comment