Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Update

I can't believe I would even dream of talking about this on the Internet- but here goes. I went for my midwife appointment today and I'm not even dilated! I was suppose to have a "stretch and sweep" done, but since my cervix is closed she could not do it. I can't tell you how discouraged I am right now. 

So, the plan now is to try this again on Saturday (Happy Valentine's Day to me!), then again on Wednesday. Then if the next Sunday rolls around and I'm still pregnant, it will be 2 weeks past my due date- then the hospital is suppose to contact me and tell when I need to come in for induction.  And of course this means I will be on the consultant led unit- not the midwife led, which is the place I have been trying to avoid. 

I know I sound like a sissy and I know there are many women who go overdue and even have babies behind a bush in Africa. I'm just fighting hard the tendency to say "I wish I was in America right now" mentality.  Not that everything in America is perfect, but in situations like this I just want to be in a familiar setting I guess.

Anyway, that's all I got for today. Trying to hold back the tears (and I'm not doing so well in that department) and continue to trust the One who made Baby Girl. And I'm going to stop reading some blogs for a while because "everyone" seems to be having wonderful birth stories in the States and everything is working out like they had planned and I'm feeling a little left out over here.  How's that for a pity party?

16 comments:

Tim and Leslie said...

Bless your heart! Hang in there, and know that even though you are not here, we are there with you in thoughts and prayers and you and baby girl will do great!!!

Emily Melson said...

We are praying for you to have this baby soon! I am so sorry you are feeling alone! HUGS to you!

Liz said...

Sweetie, I'm SO sorry! I would feel exactly the same way if I were you. After your terrible experience with Cerys, it's perfectly understandable why you feel the way you do! I will pray that you will be able to let go and trust, because we can see that God protected precious Cerys, and He really is a Good God! I don't want to sound trite, and I know you're understandably troubled. So I will be praying with you and for you precious friend! It's OK to cry!!! Love you!!!

Coby and Sally said...

I am so sorry you are having to wait. I can only imagine the struggle you are having. I prayed for you this morning and will continue to pray b/c Yes, God is still in control. Hang in there, friend!!!

martha said...

Oh, I am so praying for you. I had my second in Madrid when we were ISC and yeah, it was not the US but it all turned out just fine fine fine...I can tell you my story if you want a happy ending with a CRAZY middle!! Mercy...what you are feeling is so normal. We are so vulnerable when we are pregnant and of course you want your own culture to birth in. My heart totally goes out to you today and I am praying for a spontaneous and gentle birth for you. And soon!! Praying praying praying!!
Shelly (friend of Sandi)

the blackwells said...

Oh, girl! I'm sorry! Praying you have a beautiful Valentine girl. :)

The Harringtons said...

Charity! I am praying for you to have peace during this time...God is in control! And SOON you will have another beautiful little girl looking up at you! And I will also pray for rest for you. You are going to need it once this little girl makes her debut!!!

Anonymous said...

I cannot imagine being 2 weeks past due date. You are more than deserving of a pity party any time you want to have one, IMHO.
Here's to a healthy and smooth delivery, whenever your little one decides to make her appearance!

Amber said...

Oh, I'm so sorry. You just pity-party away. You deserve it after a day like that. Praying for you.

The Hibbard Family said...

Girl, I'm praying hard. I'm getting friends to pray. You're not having a pity party - you know what you need and you're pleading for it. Know we're pleading with you. You're right, God knows Baby Girl and loves her and you incredibly, and I'm on my knees with you trusting Him to provide perfectly for you both. Lots can happen in a week - goodness, lots can happen in a few hours! (I've been dilated to two or three for three weeks before delivery with one and then with another gone from no dilation to delivery in under eight hours, so not being dilated doesn't mean much sometimes!) Just know we are on our knees with you!

Anonymous said...

Sweetie! I'm so sorry you are having to wait so long, especially when it seemed for sure that she would come early! I so understand the emotions you are going through with all that happened with Cerys. But we both know that situations can greatly differ. I'm sure you will have a great experience with this one. I had one bad experience in the States followed by a good one, but the best by far was in Africa! (But I didn't have her behind a bush - lol) We are praying for peace, protection, relaxation, and a calm state-of-mind ready roll with the punches! Love you!

Amanda said...

Bless your heart! I'm so sorry you're still pregnant. I will say a prayer for your right now that God will tell that baby to come forth! And I will ask Him to give you lots of peace about delivering where you are.

kathy said...

Thinking of you all, praying for a smooth delivery soon, don't worry about crying it's ok to cry, not long and lil girl will be here God bless and hugs to you all kathy xxx

Tad and Monica said...

Cry all you want, dear friend! And if you need something to do, make a list of what you want me to bring to you this summer. :) Oreos? Cake mixes? You name it! Love you so much and praying so much.

Tara said...

Charity, I'm so sorry. I can relate, because I got the same discouraging news right after my water broke...which made for a long, horribly traumatic labor in a foreign country. Keeping you in my prayers and waiting expectantly for the good news of her arrival!

Stephanie Kay said...

Um... I've had 4 babies. Not one delivery went the way I planned and wanted it to go. Each ended with a c-section. All because my doctors wouldn't let my babies alone until they were ready to come.

Having said that, you are in my prayers daily!