I hesitated putting pictures of the nursery on here just because I've seen some really nice ones out there in the blog world. I didn't really see any point in buying new bedding, although I would have loved to do something new this time around. When we had Cerys we didn't do a nursery since we were living here and we didn't have anything but an old portable crib- plus with renting a house our landlord didn't allow us to paint or hang anything on the walls. So I was really bummed about that the first time around. Then with Bailey, well we had just moved back to Texas and it was all so chaotic that we didn't do a nursery then either, she just slept in the pack-n-play in our room until we moved back here when she was 6 months old.
SO, this time I really wanted to have the chance to actually "do" a nursery, but I would have to use the same bedding my mom had found for us when we had moved back for Cerys' crib. I do like the bedding, but I would have loved to have chosen something newer. But that is just not practical for us right now.
Enough of that- here it is...
Remember our bedrooms are tee-tiny here and no closets- This is the view from the door. I still need to get some ribbon for that dress-me-up mirror (my leftovers from being a SLAH consultant!)
On our holiday in October, I bought these Beatrix Potter pictures and then got the frames at IKEA. These are the frames I was dead set on getting when I had all that pre-term labor action. Ha. I told Marc I was having some pretty regular contractions but I really would like to get these frames first! They go well with the bedding I thought.
I ordered some new sheets and changing pad overs from Babies R Us and had my aunt send them to me because the cribs here are smaller and narrower. I chose the sheets by holding up the bedding to the computer screen to see if they would even slightly match and I am very pleased with how well the work.
You can see the floral sheets a bit better in this picture-
And, thanks to Marc who drew out the shape of the Boppy pillow for me, I finished it this weekend. It's probably a bit smaller than the Boppy, but it will do! Making the pillow was easy, it was the cover that stumped me. Sewing a zipper on a curve was harder than I thought. I had to call my mother -in -law in Africa and get her to explain it to me. Ha.
And there you go...we just need Baby Girl now! I see my midwife tomorrow- at 38 weeks- the appointment she told me I'd probably not ever make it to. Dern. I'm so happy and relieved though to have made it past 37 weeks so I'm going to enjoy being a family of 4 as much as I can. I'm trying to soak up time with the girls before they become "3"- today we played Nail Salon and painted our toes! :)
19 comments:
I absolutely LOVE it!!! The nursery looks so precious! I can definitely identify with not getting to do what you want - I dealt with that with two of my three as well. But, you did a phenomenal job making what you have look absolutely gorgeous. I'm quite impressed!
That is the same bedding I had for my boys! That's especially funny since we both did Beatrix Potter--that bedding goes really well with the BP prints, etc. Of course I used the striped sheets with mine since I have boys. I am about to give mine away to the Purple Heart Society though. *sniff* The dust ruffle on mine is torn and so is the striped sheet, so I just decided that IF we decide to have another one, I will just have to get new bedding. I could repair it, but that's a BIG 'if' right now anyway. (Though I know that accidents DO happen, DON'T they Char?) I'm kind of torn though, because that means that my babies aren't babies anymore. =*(
I think it looks pretty! You did a good job! She will love her room. Now we just need pictures of baby girl in her bed!
Very sweet! I know the feeling of no nursery. I got to do one for Gabe and then we just turned the room into a big boy room when Caleb was born and just threw him in there. But there's something about a GIRL nursery...and now that I have a girl we live in a 2 bedroom! So she just got thrown in with the mix! :) Hope she likes soccer! haha
Charity your talent to sew and make things is amazing! I wish I had some of that. The nursery is so cute and your baby girl is so blessed to be coming home to such an amazing family! I LOVE it when you post pictures of your home! I am very inspired by you! I keep checking back thinking i am going to see a new little Verlander!!!
Thanks y'al! Stephanie, you are crazy. Your PINK nursery made me drool!!! :)
Beautiful nursery...
Mom was spechlees... Witch is a HUGE deal for her... That woman can taaaaaalk!!!
Charity, it's so cute! I love the BP prints.
It's beautiful, Charity.
What a sweet nursery!! I think you were very wise to use what you had instead of buying new stuff. Love the Beatrix Potter prints.
Sweet nursery, Charity. The sheet fabric is lovely. And great job with the wrap around baby ballerina cardigan, my mother-in-law made me the exact same one out of baby cashmere, it looks gorgeous on.
So cute! You really are a talented sewer! Sewist? Seamstress? OK - you sew good! Just need Baby Girl to complete the room!
The nursery looks beautiful! Very pretty.
I love Beatrix Potter! Good choice!
Hang in there....any day now!!
The nursery is so precious. You did a great job and she is going to love it!
I'm impressed with your sewing skills...i've yet to attempt a zipper. can't wait to see pics of a new baby girl!
Awww..how cute. Love the pictures and the frames. I don't know if I will be able to hang anything on the walls. I'm going to try some sticky hooks...we will see.
You did great with matching the bedding! Love it all!
Love the nursery and I agree with Stephanie..I would love to know how to sew. Maybe one day I can get my MIL to help teach me!
Your nursery looks great! I love the Beatrix Potter pictures. I hope everything goes very well with your delivery and adjusting to three. Reading your last few posts made me feel very normal. Thanks! Blessings to you and your sweet family!
I think the nursery is really cute! :D
I'm so glad you shared these photos! I love a simple baby's room. It's so sweet.
Post a Comment