Monday, August 18, 2008

On My Mind

Lots on my mind today-

* how depressing it is that we have to lights on in our house during the day- even with the blinds and curtains opened...it was so dark and gloomy this morning. We are officially sick of the weather.

*I'm 15 weeks and my regular clothes don't fit me- I just look like I ate too much- not pretty. I have 2 pairs of trousers that I can still wear. I tried maternity trousers this past week and I was constantly pulling them up, it was very annoying. And I refuse to pay £30 for a pair of maternity trousers at Mothercare, even though they were cute.

*Why does the electrician that has come to fix our kitchen lights and bathroom light/vent have to arrive soon after putting my kids down for a nap, and why is our doorbell so LOUD?

*Why am I still hungry? I just ate lunch.

*Dellie- VBS is like your Holiday Bible Club (Vacation Bible School)

*We got our appointment in the post for our 20 week sonogram- 5 weeks to go! And yes, we are planning on finding out this time what we are having. I'm sure it's another girl. I'll be really surprised if it's boy. I thought Cerys and Bailey were going to boys, but obviously I was wrong.

*I've been looking for a gymnastics type class for me and Bailey to attend when Cerys starts Nursery school- we visited one this morning that was really fun. They have a class for 4 year olds that I just might put Cerys in since she's enjoyed watching the Olympics and doing front rolls in the living room :)

*Cerys starts Nursery School in a few weeks, I wish I knew the actual days she starts, but I have yet to hear from the school. We don't even know if she has a morning or an afternoon place, nor do we know the color of uniform she needs. Sounds like they are really on the ball here huh? I should expect this by now. So far all we know is to come in on September 3rd and "sign some papers" and then they will "discuss with us a start date" Alrighty then. However, it would be really nice to know at least the color of uniform since they are all on sale now!!!!

*I'm hoping someone (anyone) will buy a copy of People Magazine and send it to me...any takers? SCC is in it this week and I would love to see it. I think it has Mrs. Edwards on the cover this week? **Thank you, I've had someone kindly offer to send it to me!


I better stop now, this is really random....

13 comments:

Debra said...

Charity - I am so glad you reminded me to pick up a copy of People - I will be more than happy to send you a copy if you will just email me your address. Yes, it has Mrs. Edwards on the cover. Did you get to catch Larry King Live over there? My MIL taped it and I can send that as well if you have a way to watch a VHS tape. We'll be praying for your pregnancy to continue to be healthy!

Anna said...

No idea what SCC is....

That is horrid about the school. Not all Welsh schools are like that :-(

So exciting about the scan! I couldn't get into my normal trousers at 15 weeks with Levi. I remember buying a pair of maternity jeans and wearing them to school for the training day.

The classes sound like a fab idea!

We are at home, gutted, as holiday is cancelled - campsite flooded! I hate this weather now too :-(
Hoping to go away next week now instead.

Amy E. said...

hey Char..you really do make me smile.
Miss you!!

The Lyons Family said...

I love reading your blog with all of your Welsh words - post, trousers, etc. Just think it's cute! :) Probably a very American thing to say. :)

Sorry the weather's got you down. I know what you mean - a little. It rained for three days straight here & chilly too - I felt so gloomy!

Sending you sunshine from Denver & hoping it makes it over there soon!

Jonelle Yates said...

Charity, it's not just British Maternity trousers that need to be pulled up constantly! The American ones do too especially those from Old Navy. (The old style where the panel went over the bump prevented that, but they were uncomfortable too!) Don't feel bad about wearing Mat clothes at 15 weeks. It is your 3rd after all. Thanks so much for making me smile!

Anonymous said...

I love the randomness of the thoughts! If it makes you feel any better, my living room is so dark that we have to use lights even on the sunniest of days. Kind of depressing, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for clearing that up for me. Luke went to a holiday bible club at the Mission last week and had a fab time - and it really helped me out too!

I would love to read the SCC article too after you've finished with it, although I think WHS in Queen Street sell it... well they used to!

Speak soon,
Del xxx

Anonymous said...

I'm tired of the rain, too!!!!!

The Harringtons said...

What is SCC?

The Harringtons said...

Steven Curtis Chapman???

Seth, Jen, Hannah, Cailyn, and Isaac said...

Regarding trousers - take a rubber band and loop it through teh button hole of your regular pants, er, trousers. Like, stick one end through the loop, then thread the other end through that. Then use the free end to loop over the button. Should buy you a little more time in regular trousers!! :o)

holly said...

hey charity! great to get caught up with you guys...can't wait to find out what you are having! fyi: we changed our blog address to davidandhollyplus3.blogspot.com also, we are in the process of removing our last name...could you remove it from yours as well? thanks so much!!!

patti said...

Oh my...I'm finally catching up on my blog reading and what...you are having #3. I must not let as much time pass before reading again.

Congrats...for what it's worth...it's a boy! everyone needs one. :)