Friday, August 08, 2008

More Randomness

I've never been one to blame my forgetfulness on pregnancy, but honestly, I'm finding myself more and more forgetful these days! I was talking to my friend yesterday on the phone and I could not remember several names of our mutual friends or their last names. It's a strange feeling. I am feeling better though- not as sick! Anyway.

I'm sitting here watching the opening ceremonies of the Olympics- LIVE! We really enjoy watching the events so we are looking forward to the next few weeks. Actually, we are gone all next week so I guess we won't be seeing all of it...see, pregnancy brain?!? Is watching the Olympics emotional for anyone out there? I found myself tearing up just a few minutes ago- seriously ya'll these hormones are taking over!!! Of course I also just got done watching the sweet Chapman family on CNN. (It was live last night in the states, but they showed it here this morning) I think they did a great job, it's got to be tough to not only discuss what happened, but for one hour, live, and with callers and emailers with questions. Bless them! I was doing okay until they shared the story of the drawing Maria Sue did the morning of the accident, if you don't know what I'm talking about I hope you can find the interview to watch online. It's an amazing story about the picture she left on the art table- little "breadcrumbs" from God as they called it. Very cool.

We will be leaving on Monday for a few days for our annual company meeting. We are not going far so that's good in a way. While we are sitting in meetings all day, the girls will be doing a VBS type program so I'm sure they will have a good time!

2 comments:

Amy E. said...

Hey Char,
I found the Chapman Family interview on YouTube. There are 6 parts. What a blessing and a heartache. Hope your hormones give you a break and you can remember it! :-)

Amy said...

I think it's perfectly OK to blame things on pregnancy. Like if you're at work and you can't find the disk you were just using, and then you find it the next day ... in the refrigerator. TOTALLY THE PREGNANCY.