Okay, I should be able to figure out my due date after two kids right?!? I'm really confused. Help me out here if you know which is right!
I calculated my due date as February 16th- so I would be 11 weeks right now. (Going off of May 12 at LMP) Baby Center says I'm due Feb 19th and 10 weeks along, Fit Pregnancy says I'm due Feb. 16th and 11 weeks along (which is what I was thinking). Of course I have not had my sonogram yet, it's still a week and a half away. I found one site that said you add 7 days to your LMP and then count back 3 months...and that would give me a due date of Feb. 19th.
Why is this so confusing to me this time around?!?! Any thoughts?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
I believe the most commonly held theory is the "count back three months, add 7 days", so I'd go with Feb. 19th. But they are probably going to go with your first sono anyway. But we all know it doesn't really matter that much. Just go with "mid-February". :)
Ugh...I could never figure out that stuff. It gets too confusing with the "add this" and "count backward that."
My due date was always wrong anyway!
Maybe the sonogram will help in figuring out the date.
Congratulations!! I missed the opportunity to comment on the announcement, as I'm very behind on blog reading :0)
Ah, baby brain. I had trouble with just about everything while I was pregnant, even names of people I have known for years. To calculate my due date I always just got a calendar, marked my LMP as week 0, and then wrote in the week numbers until I got to 40 and used that as my due date. I matched my sonograms both times. Plus, it was easy to figure out how far along the rest of my pregnancy :0)
Due date are pointless guidelines anyway. Don't even get me started! This is the first time doctors haven't changed mine and my kids always come way after anyway.
Plan for the later date and then you don't sit around for a week wondering if it will happen. = )
I know I was told the difference in my dates (midwife v. Baby Center) was because the computer doesn't account for the different days in the month i.e. 28, 30 or 31. Does that make sense?
I think valentines day would be quite nice or even hold off for a while and wait till St Davids Day!
;0)
I thought it was 40 weeks from the first day of your LMP.
I never really worry about being exact about a due date until several months in, because it seems that my due dates changed slightly with every sonogram anyway.
I always calculate from the day I ovulate, not the day of my LMP since my cycle is so long. Do you know what day you ovulated?
I always just did what Missy posted. Just start counting the first day of your LMP as day 1 (week 0) and count from there. I always matched pretty close to the sonos as well.
But, even if I was 2-3 days off, I know my kids cook late and we have to kick them out at 41 weeks anyway, so a couple of days on a due date won't make much difference. LOL
Ok...seriously this cracks me up...BECAUSE...I didnt know my due date with H3 (Lauren, she is the
3rd Helgren)...and she was born on February 15 and we thought like Feb 24! So I cant help you...sorry! I lived in confusion for 9 months! I hope you are feeling well! Much love!
Feb 16th...your official by the LMP. If you were in the US:)
I don't know if they count 40wks in the UK or 41wks. In France it is 41wks. So it would be one week later.
I'd take into consideration when you had your girls.
As far as what the doc will use... all mine used the "count back three months, add 7 days" thing. Probably b/c they want your due date as late as possible so you'll get annoyed less if it passes you by!
oh... and I always used a short cycle in those web programs even though I have a long one b/c I KNOW when I ovulate (early) even though I have a long cycle.
Post a Comment