Friday, June 06, 2008

10 Years

Who are these young kids?!?



10 years ago today we said "I do" in front of family and friends in Dallas, Texas. Not sure how the years have flown by so fast, but I'm grateful for everyone of them!

(Now that I'm a mom of 2 girls, I can't imagine how my parents felt when I got married at the ripe old age of 21!!! We were just babies!)

We are going out for a nice meal tonight (pictures to follow!) and are looking forward to not taking any sippy cups or bibs with us! I found these pictures of us and thought I would share with you.



This picture was taken the night that Marc proposed to me! We were sitting in the lobby of my college dorm and a friend took the picture for us. I was the happiest girl on campus I think! :) Marc had already graduated and was in Fort Worth at seminary and he drove up to Arkadelphia for the weekend (oh how we had that road memorized that year!) and he proposed!

I love you Marc and I would marry you all over again!

20 comments:

Amy E. said...

Congratulations on 10 years!! I LOVE those pictures of you guys..and yes you were just babies!!
Have a wonderful anniversary!!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Congratulations! 10 years is quite an accomplishment.

I was 20 when we got married and we'll celebrate our 18th anniversary later this month. Seems so young now, doesn't it?

Oh, and we have that road to Ft Worth pretty much memorized too. Ah, sweet memories!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! Wow.

Stephanie Kay said...

Congratulations! I look at our pictures and think the same things. Who are those kids?! They're just babies! What were our parents thinking, letting us get married - as if they could have stopped us.

The Harringtons said...

Nothing like hanging out in an OBU dorm lobby with your boyfriend...and of course your dorm mom watching every move you make! :) Congrats!!

Marc and Charity said...

Stephanie H- I know, hahaha good times in the lobby of dorms! It's funny now to think about how many couples were always hanging out. :)

Tee said...

Congratulations!!! I was 19 when we married almost 42 years ago. No wonder my Mom cried so much. We were babies, but it must have been okay, here we are still together and HAPPY!

Anonymous said...

Wow guys! That's fantastic... congratulations!!
Want to celebrate this with you guys real soon, perhaps come up for a meal?

Sean and Lendy said...

What fun...I am so excited for you guys today. I hope today is a special day for you and Marc. Here's to another 50 years of marriage and friendship!!!

Leah said...

What sweet photos of you - you both do look extremely young! But it's the commitment that matters most. You've definitely got it. Congratulations, and happy anniversary. Have fun tonight!

Anna said...

Wow! You look so pretty Charity! (Not that you aren't pretty now, but you look like American girls do in films.) No wonder Marc whisked you down the aisle before anyone else had chance!
You two look just about old enough to get legally married these days, but only just. You look far too young in these pics.
Congratulations to a wonderful couple xx

Amy said...

Congrats! 10 Years is something to be proud of!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!! Love the pics!!!

Michelle said...

Wow, 10 years! Congratulations!

Unknown said...

summer of 98 was great for getting married! lol.
yeahi cant bear to look too closely at the pics from then. thats when i start to feel old.
congrats!

Megan said...

awww- congratulations!!!

Marc and Charity said...

Thanks everyone for the congrats and comments! We had a lovely day!

A. said...

Awwww...this is soooo sweet! Congrats to you two! I soooo remember the Charity in that first picture...my sweet college roomie...happy 10th Anniversary!!! I love you!

Senegal Daily said...

These are great photos. Congratulations!

Tara said...

Oh, I am SOOO glad you posted these pics...made me smile, big time!!!