It's been a fairly quiet weekend so far around here, but I did think of something funny that happened last Sunday night. I shall share that with you now.
The new season of LOST started here a few weeks ago and Marc is a big fan. I watched the first season a while back and was just so confused I gave up. I mean, how unrealistic. (it's a joke!) However, after watching the first episode of this new season with him a few weeks ago I got hooked! So, last week we were sitting down to watch it and I asked:
Me: Ok, Honey, I know I haven't watched this in like forever, but is there any way you could just briefly explain what has been going the last few seasons, you know like, real quick?
Marc: Blank stare.
Me: Really? You can't just catch me up real fast, it's about to start?
Marc: Umm, No.
Me: Okay, thanks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
We're big LOST fans too. I was so looking forward to sitting down and watching it last Thursday night, and would you believe I fell asleep half-way thru? I was so frustrated that my husband didn't wake me up!
That happened to me one time last year...I fell asleep and woke up to see the last 5 minutes. I was so confused and when I asked John to explain it to me afterwards, he just gave me that blank stare and finally said, "You're just gonna have to watch it for yourself...there's no way I can fill you in on everything!"
My suggestion is to rent the dvd series and catch up that way. It's totally worth it.
I'd have to agree with him. I'm not watching the current season but it would be pretty impossible to catch you up to in two minute spiel. = )
That is funny! Paul and I have watched it from the day one! Marc is right you can't get cought up. I guess when you have nothing else to do you could rent the DVD.
If Marc does find a few spare hours to explain it to you could you email a transcript to us because we also stopped watching in season 1 and now have no idea what on earth is supposed to be going on!
They are all right - - - - EXCEPT, each episode shows enough flash back at the beginning that you will understand that episode, and as you watch, you will get gradually 'caught up.'
There is no other show anything like Lost, is there?
LOL That is pretty hilarious! It sounds like something I would do, but being a LOST fan myself (never missed an episode), I know how unbelievably impossible it would be to give any sort of brief run-down! That show is crazy. So much so, that my husband stopped watching it with me towards the end of the 1st season. He said it just got too unrealistic and crazy, and he won't even watch one episode with me! Oh well, I still luv me some LOST. Thanks for the little laugh!
Oh gosh - I LOVE LOST - and I have watched every episode but I would have no idea where to begin to explain what all has happened and is going on. Meredith is right - rent it and watch an entire season - that's the BEST way to watch it.
Post a Comment