A few months ago, I implemented "roomtime"- idea from
In The Midst of It. It didn't go over too well with Bailey, but now she can play alone in her room (with baby gate up) for 30 minutes, without crying! YEAH! Cerys has always done well at playing by herself, so roomtime was no big deal for her. In fact, the other day she even requested it saying, "Mommy, me and Bailey need roomtime!" I'm pretty sure it had something to do with Bailey touching some of her My Little Pony's but still...
So, while I was having a few hours out the other day, Marc did roomtime... and came back to find Bailey's room like this:

She figured she would just empty the bottom drawer of her chest. I'm just glad I was out and didn't have to clean it up! :)
13 comments:
LOL! Aren't you glad you were gone and Daddy had to clean up the mess. :-)
She sure did use 'roomtime' creatively, even if it was slightly mischievous! By the way, that doll house is sooo cute! I think maybe Marc should go into interior design ;-)
Ellie likes to do the same thing. The boys dump all her toys but she empties the clothes from the drawer. She's pretty good at putting them back. = )
3 cheers for roomtime!
Too funny...I'm sure Marc didn't think so, but as you said it was a good thing you were out:)
Room time is a great idea. Maybe Chad and I need to try it out...oh wait, we only have one room, and we don't have kids. We'll keep it in mind for later:)
I love that idea...any special tips or instructions that I need to know in order to implement??
heard a song on the radio the other day that reminded me of you from the summer of selling ads for Mac :)
Patti!!! How are you??! Do you still have the same email? I want to email you!!!!
This is why when we moved Carson into his big boy room we left the dresser in the nursery :0)
Though I'm not sure what we're going to do when the baby comes and needs the dresser...
Charity,
This is Jill Metz from Northway back in the day. I keep up with you some through Dana and I actually ran into your family at a resturant in Dallas over the summer. I love this blog stuff and I think I found your blog from reading Kari's. I don't mean to sound stalkerish but I have enjoyed reading about your life! You sound like a great mommy! So I just wanted to say hi!!!
Hooray for roomtime! If your girls are like mine (mine are 20 months apart), just wait until they get older and LOVE to play together all the time (they do fight too). Of course I've had to work with them on being "responsible" and cleaning up after themselves. It take time.
I LOVE the dollhouse. My oldest saw it and asked if she could come over and play at your house. :)
hey girl...yes same email...can't wait to talk!
OH Charity..I love "kid stories"...they always make me smile.
Hi! Thanks for the little comment! That's AMAZING about your experience with chiropracter!!! That scan was actually my 2-month-old babies scan- he has GERD (gastro-esophageal reflux disease) and colic. I cannot even explain how grateful we are for the improvement we've seen in him since he started chiro!!! Yah, my scan looked pretty gnarly too. I went for a while but then we ran out of money (January meant paying full price until my deductible was met again, ugh) so I have to wait until I'm off maternity leave to go back. But in the few weeks that I had gone, I noticed that my hypersensitive histamine allergic reactions had been getting way better. I'd been breaking out in hives for no apparent reason for about a year, and thought it was pregnancy related, but here we are, baby is here and it's still happening! Anyways, probably TMI here too! LOL Thanks for sharing your success story, that makes me want to *definitely* go back!
Decided to make a blog like yours and discovered we've already got one!
Post a Comment