To my friends and family back in the States, especially Texas, I'm so sorry to have to tell you this, but...
Summer is gone. Fall/winter is here. The rain, fog, mist has moved in. The high today was 55. I'm sitting here in a quiet house (we wore the girls out today at this indoor play activity centre), in flannel pj's under a fleece blanket!
I told Marc it really felt like Christmas the last two days and he said, "Ya, the weather and that Christmas CD you are playing..."
"Excuse me? Christmas CD, that's not a Christmas CD. It's just instrumental songs, you know that Piano Winterlude CD?" I said.
"Yes Charity, that CD is all Christmas songs. Just listen. See, that's Jingle Bells." he said.
"Oh ya, it is. Ha. That's weird, I just thought it was all winterish songs." I laughed.
"Nice try." he says.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Too funny!! To all the TX people, fall has arrived in New England also. The leaves are changing and I'm wearing a sweatshirt right now. I love fall!! I don't like that it's dark about 6:30!
That's hysterical. Have you been to Tesco lately? Apparently they think it's Christmas, too...our store has several aisles of Christmas stuff as you walk in the front door. Crazy!
It's fall here too. I had to get the onesies out for Ella today. Since I can't have summer anymore, might as well get the Christmas music out of the box! I totally agree with you on that one!
We have that CD too. And as we live in Wisconsin, which is a similar latitude to you, I should pull it out, huh?
Ok, Chad & I are really jealous! We were just commenting yesterday how hot it still is, and it is October!!! FYI, the high yesterday was 90!
We go from spring to summer back to spring, no real fall or winter. Unless you count the one random day that it gets cold, or the random day once every few years that might produce a few snow flurries for about 2 seconds:)
I know winter can be depressing. Find the fun in snuggling, layering, and cozying up with a good book:)
Oh to have cooler weather and some RAIN. We are in severe draught. It was in the mid 80's today with no cooler weather in sight. Please send us some of your rain.
Post a Comment