
You would think we would be use to the rain, since we live in Wales. But we are so tired of it! It typically would stop raining in June, and then pick up again in September. At least it did the previous 3 years we lived here. Not this year!
The girls are so tired of not being able to play outside. Yesterday, after dinner, we got our gear ready (stroller with rain cover, wellies, sweaters- it's been in the 60's) to go for a walk. Right as we zipped up our sweaters we heard the crack of lightening and it just dumped! The look on Cerys' face was so sad, I felt so bad for her. She has been waiting all day to go on a walk and now it was absolutely dumping! Anyway, it did clear up just long enough for us to make a circle around our block. Not 10 minutes after arriving back home, it started up again.
This morning it was still raining and the girls were feeling rather gloomy. So I dressed them in sundresses, hoping they would feel a bit more cheered up. After all, Cerys would wear this dress every day if I let her. She loves it! So, here are some rainy day pictures of the girls!

Everyone SMILE!

Her face says it all!
10 comments:
Oh, Charity ~ I SO wish your rain would let up and pour down over here. We so desperately need it! Gary said yesterday that some of the fields have cracks a foot deep. We are experiencing a drought, and need rain! I'll pray that yours lets up so your kids can get out to play. My girls aren't playing outside either, as it's hitting close to 100 these past few days. But I'm sure there's a lesson for both of us in our circumstances. I'll pray, too, that we both see it and learn it. =)
Their faces look so sad. Even with sad faces they look adorable in those sundresses! Little Girls have such fun clothes. I wish I could find some cute sundresses for me to wear!!
What pitiful faces! Poor babies, and poor mommy! We are getting cabin fever here too. We've had some sunny days, but they seem to always end in rain!
The summer Megan was born was like that. I remember that we finally had sunshine in August. She'll turn 5 (YIKES) on Sunday. I remember you guys getting off the plane on Halloween that year. We miss you and know that we think and pray for you often!
Jonelle,
Can't believe Megan is 5 now! And I know you all too well about the lovely rain that falls constantly. :)
hehehe oh what beautiful weather we have!!! Bite the bullet and do what we do , get the kids waterproofs and send them to play in the rain, my 2 love it!! See you soonxxx
We understand about the rain! The girls look so unhappy!
I grew up in Washington state, where gloomy weather abounds. Now that I live in texas, we seldom get that kind of weather, but this year has been unusually rainy. Now that I am adult, I love the gloom (esp if you can sit inside with a book and tea) because it reminds me of being a kid.
Hope the sun will shine soon! The sun dresses are darling.
Wow cute dresses! The strawberry one is especialy summery, I love strawberries! I can't believe how much Cerys looks like you Charity, she's soo pretty!
Anyway hope you are all well.
xxx
Your girls are just gorgeous! I hope the rain clears a little so you can have some fun outside for a change!
Post a Comment